Recruitment of Assistant Director, Security in Thailand
Praesidio Group is currently assisting a client in Asia with the hiring of an Assistant Director, Security for their production site in Thailand.
The Assistant Director, Security is expected to have broad security skills and experience, and the personal characteristics to display leadership in a complex, influence driven environment. Additionally, a strong business acumen and to be comfortable working with all levels of management is required. A combination of public sector, military, law enforcement or intelligence and security agencies and commercial experience is desirable, though other candidates may be considered. Although not to be expected a Cyber/IT specialist, an understanding of the interdependencies of the security and IT functions, and the ability to work closely with IT is required. As this is a local position fluency in Thai is preferred; fluency in English is required. Working language is Thai and English. Compensation is competitive.
The main areas of responsibility
- Build a simple and well-functioning security risk management function for operations in Thailand.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the security risk management function, ensure smooth operations of our manufacturing sites in Thailand and manage our external security providers.
- Design and implement training plans to strengthen our security risk practices.
- Advice and support management for security related matters in Thailand.
- Provide crisis management support/training, security incident management and security incident investigation.
- Implementation and maintenance of security risk assessments. Conduct further analysis of key security risks.
- Implementation and supervision of security standards under C-TPAT.
- Travel security advise within region, event security and visitor security.
- Develop and implement a simple security risk management framework that is aligned with the principles of C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) and international best practices.
- Support the Director, Risk Management in the protection of people, assets, processes and reputation.
- Establish a security structure with identification and enabling of local security champions to ensure the visibility and efficient communication of security.
- Implement and facilitate the security management system and security risk management setup in Thailand. Conduct risk assessments and provide internal assurance in line with the principles of C-TPAT.
- An important part of this task will be to feedback local legal requirements to the organizational Compliance Manager.
- Facilitate efficient and timely reporting structure of security incidents.
- Perform security incident management and security investigations individually.
- Conduct random document inspections based on the risk management priorities and security metrics as well as facilitate the audits and management reviews.
For further information about the position or to apply, please contact Susanne Skov Diemer in full confidentiality at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: March 31, 2017.